PowerTray is a simple SysTray application which makes switching Power Plans in Windows 10 (1909 or higher)/Windows 11 easier. As an added bonus it re-enables all the standard Power Plans, as well as the “Ultimate Performance” Power Plan.
History AKA Why?
As with most applications of this type it was written to solve a particular annoyance of Windows, particularily on my laptops and those of my daughters, i.e. simple Power Plan switching. When gaming on our laptops, while plugged in, we’d set the Power Plan to “Ultimate Performance” for obvious reasons (MWAR POWER!!!!), however when we unplugged the Power Plan remained at “Ultimate Performance” and the batteries drained rapidly 😢
- Repair all missing Power Plans.
- High performance
- Power saver
- Add/re-add “Ultimate Performance” Power Plan.
- Better Light/Dark Mode detection.
- Set Power Plan on startup.
- Seperate Battery/AC Power Plan selections.
- Power Plan switching on Power changes i.e. when a laptop is plugged/unplugged from AC power.
All Source Code and Releases are found on Github.